Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thrift Haul!

I finally finished one of my midterms today and had a ton of spare time since I only have one class.  I went to a Goodwill hoping they still had this bug display I saw a couple of weeks ago.  But of course they didn't have it because the damn thing was so awesome to begin with.  After browsing around I spotted a vintage Brownie camera in their display.  I got really excited and asked to see it.  It was a Brownie Chiquita by Kodak.  I've always wanted a Brownie because they're so small and cute.  But then I saw an old camera bag in the corner and asked to see that one too.  I didn't think much of it at first and had barely noticed it when I was looking around.  But the cashier opened it up and it was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.  It was Duaflex, another camera I've been wanting. (I want a lot of things, my bad).  Specifically this was a Duaflex IV by Kodak.  It seemed to be in immaculate condition and it even came with extra GE sure fire bulbs in the original box and a flash. And on top of that the camera bag itself was adorable. Although I didn't really agree with the price I gave in... And whether or not it works I have no regrets whatsoever.
In the end I decided I just wanted the Duaflex and put the Brownie aside after realizing it wasn't worth 20 bucks with the condition it was in.
So far I've only figured out how to use the viewfinder and press the shutter button which seems to be working well.  I think this weekend I'm going to take it to a camera shop to get it inspected.  I have no idea how to use it but I intend on figuring it out.  I would lovee to be able to take pictures with it.
Here are pictures of my newest treasure. :)



Have an amazing Tuesday like I'm having!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment