Monday, August 20, 2012

Pleasant surprises

I've never really learned how to sew except maybe hand sewing buttons onto clothes. So I figure I'd like to learn the basics this summer. Last week my grandma gave me a used sewing machine. I didn't really think anything of it except the fact it was old and super heavy to carry around. It was such a workout I was hesitant about keeping it and was considering buying a newer, more compact one. As I hauled it to the table and took off the cover I instantly fell in love. It turned out to be vintage! It's the cutest retro sewing machine I've ever seen and I can't wait to start learning and making things. All I've been thinking about is the free time I'll have to practice sewing. Thank you grandma! :,)

Happy Monday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment